Are you ready?
Tropical Depression Nine is expected to intensify into a hurricane over the weekend and impact Florida by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Now is the time to make any last-minute preparations.
Five agency preparation tips
- Post toll-free claims numbers for all your carriers on your website and social media pages. The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation . Remind insureds to always call their company first to help curtail Assignment of Benefits fraud.
- Help your customers understand coverages and deductibles by posting and sharing . Other agent-to-consumer tools, including a , are available in the .
- Make sure you have plenty of printed ACORD Notice of Loss forms on hand. Also download and print copies of . Use of a standard memo of loss is important during the heavy workload and confusion following a big storm—especially if your agency management system is down.
- Download and print , a visual guide for what is and is not covered under ISO-2000 HO-3 and ISO-91 HO-3 forms. Ensure staff fully understands hurricane deductibles.
- Gather your staff and to ask before leaving the office. FAIA’s catastrophe volunteers also developed a agencies should have on hand before disaster strikes.